Schréder is the leading independent smart outdoor lighting solution provider worldwide. The company, founded in 1907, is present in over 35 countries spanning 5 continents.
We believe that lighting can empower people, impact lives, support communities, and transform spaces, cities and the planet. We are experts at using light to its fullest potential, to bring meaningful moments to people in public spaces.
With more than 100 years of experience in lighting public and private spaces, we work with our customers to deliver practical, sustainable and beautiful lighting solutions tailored to locations from Brussel’s Grand Place to Hong Kong’s Avenue of Stars to Porto Maravilha in Rio de Janeiro.
We constantly innovate with next generation technology to develop solutions that are as positive for people as they are sustainable for the environment. Put simply, the right light where, when and how it is needed.
As Quality & Safety Laboratory Engineer, you will ensure the responsibility of quality aspects the tests performed in the laboratory as well as taking the lead on the improvements of the internal procedures of the laboratory. You will also be in charge of ensuring everyone complies with health and safety laws. You will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
- Lead the quality processes for the ISO 17025 accreditation of the laboratory :
- Maintain and update the quality system
- Take the lead on the BELAC and CTF audits (twice a year)
- With the technical responsible of the laboratory supervise the calibration of all laboratory equipment
- Support the quality processes of the other laboratories within the group :
- Transfer of the quality system to the other laboratories
- Organize and conduct part of the internal audits of these laboratories
- Lead the extension of the accredited scope of the laboratory
- Lead the extension of the certifications of the laboratory
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Conduct training and presentations for safety matters and accident prevention
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics. Issue yearly reports
- Participate in the committee for the protection and prevention of workers (monthly basis) + following action plan;
- Manage work permit including working with third parties.
- Master Degree in Engineering (mechanical, Electromechanical, Electronics, or similar area).
- You have a certificate of Prevention Advisor Level 2
- You have 3-5 years’ experience as Prevention Advisor
- English (B2) + other local languages (French/Dutch).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
At Schréder, every employee is valued for his or her skill set. We actively look for and choose employees based on their experience and the value they bring to the company. We commit ourselves to co-creating an environment where passionate people work and win together, learn and have fun.
In addition to a competitive and attractive compensation package, we offer a great number of extra-legal advantages such as flexible working hours, structural homeworking, a market competitive salary, a company car, performance bonus, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, pension provision, medical & hospitalization insurance, net allowances and a laptop.
Interested? Send an e-mail to email@example.com