Schréder is the leading independent smart outdoor lighting solution provider worldwide. The company, founded in 1907, is present in over 35 countries spanning 5 continents.
We believe that lighting can empower people, impact lives, support communities, and transform spaces, cities and the planet. We are experts at using light to its fullest potential, to bring meaningful moments to people in public spaces.
With more than 100 years of experience in lighting public and private spaces, we work with our customers to deliver practical, sustainable and beautiful lighting solutions tailored to locations from Brussel’s Grand Place to Hong Kong’s Avenue of Stars to Porto Maravilha in Rio de Janeiro.
We constantly innovate with next generation technology to develop solutions that are as positive for people as they are sustainable for the environment. Put simply, the right light where, when and how it is needed.
As AP Accountant, you are responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying invoices related to accounts payables. You will also track purchase orders and process payments related to suppliers.
For different Schréder legal entities with multiple VAT numbers :
- Reconciliation of the Balance sheets accounts together with the supporting documents
- Annuals accounts preparation in compliance with the Belgian regulation
- Participation to the month-end close activities (payroll, accruals, depreciations, reevaluations, …) and reporting in a timely manner
- Preparation, review and follow-up of the VAT related activities (monthly returns, reconciliations, instrastat, …)
- Support in the Corporate tax return data preparation and other tax related documents
- Follow-up of the automated Intercos transactions on a daily base
- Issuing the outgoing invoices (non trade)
- Posting of the treasury transactions (payments, banks, Intercos related postings)
- Participation to the audits
- Preparation of various reports for internal and external uses (Intercos reconciliations, statistics reports, …)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar experience
- Proven experience of min. 5 year in similar function
- Fluent in English
- A good team spirit and results-oriented
- Autonomous, organized and rigorous
- Analytical skills
What we offer
At Schréder, every employee is valued for his or her skill set. We actively look for and choose employees based on their experience and the value they bring to the company. We commit ourselves to co-creating an environment where passionate people work and win together, learn and have fun.
In addition to a competitive and attractive compensation package, we offer a great number of extra-legal advantages such as flexible working hours, structural homeworking, a market competitive salary, performance bonus, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, pension provision, medical & hospitalisation insurance, net allowances and a laptop.
Interested? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org